Sugar Prints




I walked into the kitchen to work on supper and my breath caught in my throat when I saw this on the floor in front of the cabinet.

It was only mere seconds until the guilty little baby came toddling back into the kitchen, headed straight for the cabinet, opened up the door and thrust her chubby little hand into the open sugar bag.

How in the world is a Mamma supposed to stop such preciousness?

I didn't.

I went and got my camera and took a video of her playing in the sugar.

One of my biggest pet peeves is stuff on the floor.

SUGAR on the floor is especially terrible because it's gritty AND sticky.

But how is it even possible to get upset at the sugar mess when you see a little chubby baby footprint smack dab in the middle of it? It's a sign that a baby is in the house! A curious, healthy and very busy baby!  MY baby! Just one of the many babies God has given me to care for.

I prayed for these babies and the Lord has given me the desires of my heart.

Lord, help me see the piled up laundry, muddy boots, loads of dishes, toys and the crayons in the dryer for what they REALLY are.

There are children in the house! MY children!

Elizabeth Prentiss  said it so well.

 Here is a little mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God, and the body in which it dwells is worth all it will cost, since it is abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to your mothers heart, welcome to her time, her strength, her health, to her most tender cares, to her life-long prayers! Oh how rich I am, how truly, how wondrously blest!





Comments

Popular Posts